Zach Toth and Chris Brown of Benny Marzanos
Benny Marzanos is located in Virginia close to Virginia Tech. Opened just 4 years ago by Zach Toth and Chris Brown, they now have 11 locations currently opened, with 3 more on the way.
Zach and Chris are graduates of Virginia Tech. After Graduating they went out and got “real jobs” but decided to come back to Virginia and open a late night slice shop. Their first location was originally a camera store…they convinced the owners to re-locate and turned it into their first shop.
After the first football season (Virginia Tech) and only being open 4 months, their business began to grow quickly. Immediately, they started to look for a second location to grow and expand the business. They had a simple concept which was the plan from the beginning. Make it “scale-able” but easy to manage.
What to Listen For:
- Why they opened their first shop
- Why they looked to expand only after 4 months
- How they manage a fast growing business
- The systems they use to organize multiple business
- How they manage their hiring
- How they organize their store Managers
- The systems they use for tracking each store
- The great idea they came up with as a perk for their employees
- The toughest decision they have to make in their business
- How they used interns to help with marketing
Mentioned In This Episode
- Benny Marzanos Website: http://www.bennysva.com/BennyMarzanos
- Benny’s on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BennyMarzanos
- Benny’s on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bennymarzanos
- Benny’s on Instagram: https://instagram.com/thevirginiaslice/
Thanks For Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. I hope that you have found it to be valuable. If you have a question or comment you can email at Bruce@smartpizzamarketing.com
A Big Thank You to Zach and Chris of Benny Marzanos for coming on the show!
If you did find this information valuable it would be awesome if you could share it using the social media buttons on the side of the post. Also, please leave a quick review on Itunes or Stitcher … would really help grow the show and get more guests on to help you grow your business and marketing effort.