Content Marketing with Marcus Sheridan
This week I get to chat with Marcus Sheridan “The Sales Lion” . Marcus is a super smart guy who started in the marketing world with his fiberglass pool company River Pools and Spa out of Virginia.
He tells us how his pool company hit a really rough patch to the point where he almost lost his entire business and had to lay off his whole team. In a last ditch effort Marcus decided to take to answering questions he got asked all the time from his customers with a method now called content marketing.
Marcus built his website into the most visited pool website in the country and saved his business. He now has a website and podcast over at www.thesaleslion.com where he talks and teaches all about content and inbound marketing. Go listen and visit his website he’s a great guy and you’ll learn a ton.
What to Listen For:
- How he almost went out of business and what he did about it.
- Why he decided to start with content marketing.
- What exactly is content marketing?
- Is content marketing for every business?
- Why everyone who thinks content marketing is dead are dead wrong.
- Why your industry isn’t special and why you have to use content marketing.
- How to get to know your customer before they ever meet you or use your service.
- Why you need to make your information easy to find and consume.
- Why the old ways of business are dying and never coming back
Links From This Episode
- Marcus’ Website
- River Pools and Spa website
- Macuss’ Podcast
- Marcus on Entreprenuer on Fire
- Marcus on Twitter
Thanks For Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. I hope that you have found it to be valuable, if you have a question or comment you can email at Bruce@smartpizzamarketing.com A Big Thank You to Marcus for coming on the show with us he’s a super smart guy and great to be able to talk with him and share his knowledge with everyone.
.If you did find this information valuable it would be awesome if you could share it using the social media buttons on the side of the post. Also Please leave a quick review on Itunes or Stitcher that would really help grow the show and get more guests on to help you grow your business and marketing efforts.