Ric Gruber of Bricks Wood Fired Pizza and Cafe
Ric had taken a family trip to California when they discovered delicious wood fired pizza. His father, who had experience in the restaurant business wanted to bring that style of pizza back to his hometown in Chicago. The family opened the first location of Bricks Wood Fired Pizza and Cafe 2011.
Ric grew up making pizza at Bricks while continuing his education in college and is now the general counsel for the restaurant.
Brick’s Wood Fired Pizza is a Neapolitan style pizzeria but they also serve salads, soups and sandwiches.
What to Listen For:
- Why Ric and his family wanted to bring Neapolitan pizza to Chicago
- Why they needed to move locations within the first year
- When was it time to open location #2
- Funny story about how they moved out of location #1
- What they look for when opening a new location
- What company Brick’s is using for online ordering
- Brick’s email system
- Where to put your opt-in for the best opt-in rates
- How and why they are using Groupon
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Brick’s website: http://brickswoodfiredpizza.com/
- Brick’s twitter: https://twitter.com/brickspizza
- Brick’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brickswoodfiredpizza
- Brick’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brickspizza/
- Ric on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ricgruber
- Ric’s design company: http://brandless.io/
Thanks For Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. I hope that you have found it to be valuable. If you have a question or comment you can email at Bruce@smartpizzamarketing.com
Like us on Facebook too for updates and interesting marketing articles
A Big Thank You to Ric for coming on the show!
If you did find this information valuable it would be awesome if you could share it using the social media buttons on the side of the post. Also, please leave a quick review on Itunes or Stitcher … would really help grow the show and get more guests on to help you grow your business and marketing.