Flying Saucer Pizza Company
I’ve known of the Flying Saucer Pizza Company for a few years now mostly because they are close to where I live in Salem, MA. I’m sure everyone is familiar with the historic city of Salem and Flying Saucer has a unique angle to capture tourists and customers.
Recently they teamed up with a local paper and ran a “Pokemon Go party” . It was a great way to capture some business from the Pokemon craze and it also fit right into their overall theme of being more “quirky and nerdy” (their terms not mine lol)
As a marketing and social media guy, the thing I noticed most about this company is the speed in which they see a trend and execute on an idea immediately. No waiting around pondering about if they should or shouldn’t, they just go for it and figure it out.
Nicole the General Manager of Flying Saucer Pizza joins me on the show today to discuss some of the thinking and planning that goes into their marketing events.
What To Listen For:
- How Flying Saucer was started
- How they fit into the theming of a city like Salem
- What’s the strategy behind social media
- How they plan to act fast
- How they built a great team
- How they started a Kickstarter to get to the Pizza Expo
- How they built their social following with no paid advertising
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Flying Saucer Pizza Company
- Flying Saucer on Facebook
- Flying Saucer on Instagram
- Pokemon Go coverage
- Flying Saucer Kickstarter
Thanks For Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. I hope that you have found it to be valuable. If you have a question or comment you can email at Bruce@smartpizzamarketing.com
Like us on Facebook too for updates and interesting marketing articles
If you did find this information valuable it would be awesome if you could share it using the social media buttons on the side of the post. Also, please leave a quick review on Itunes or Stitcher … would really help grow the show and get more guests on to help you grow your business and marketing.