Michael Shepherd talks Pizza Championship and Networking
Today I got the chance to sit down and talk with 4 time world pizza champion Michael Shepherd. If you are familiar with any pizza trade magazines or show then you have definitely heard Michael’s name before.
We talk about how he went from talking over a failing pizzeria to becoming a 4-time world pizza champion and where he thinks this industry is headed.
He also tells us how his first trip to Italy to compete he place 49th out of 50 yikes. and what made him go back to try again and what happened when he did (hint it’s in the title).
Get ready to hear tons of great information and take notes so you can try out some of his ideas for yourself.
What to Listen For:
- Why he got started on this industry.
- How he went from taking over a failing pizzeria to a 4-time world pizza champion.
- Why he decided to compete in the world pizza championship.
- What was the not so great outcome of his first competition what was the lesson he learned.
- Why networking and getting out to meet people meant and means to his business.
- Why he sees a need to move towards a more simplistic style of business.
- The mistakes of trying to be everything to everyone and how to avoid them.
Links From the Show:
- Michael’s Restaurant 600 Downtown
- Michael’s consulting website
- World pizza champions
- Michael’s book Growing Pizza
Thanks For Listening
Thank you so much for joining me today for this episode again. If you have an idea or some feedback just leave your comment below. If you could give us an honest review that would be awesome as well.
Special thanks to Michael for taking the time to chat with me today and be sure to visit his restaurant 600 Downtown if you’re every in the neighborhood.
If you enjoyed this episode please subscribe to the show in Itunes or Stitcher so you don’t miss the next, or any episode we have coming up in the near future. If you need help with your business or marketing e-mail me at Bruce@smartpizzamarketing.com