Taking over a pizzeria after teaming up with his mom in 1997 while learning how to run a business by trial and error. Shawn decided to take his business serious. He started to read books about business as well as reach out to other entrepreneurs in the pizza industry who have been successful. By doing this, he learn from them what it takes to build a successful business. He talks quite a bit about having systems in place and the need to get out there and network with other business people to grow and scale.
What to Listen For:
- Started as a delivery driver with no goal of owning his own shop
- Why his first 8 years in he business were a lot harder than they needed to be
- why it’s important to network
- What he would do if he were starting all over again
- Why it’s important to think like a business person and how to do this
- How to change your mindset for success in this business
- Why systems are the only way you’ll be able to grow for he long term
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Shawn’s Website
- Detroit Style Pizza Co. on Facebook
- E-myth book
- Joltup.com for training and organizing
- Foodie Direct for eCommerce for pizza
Thanks For Listening
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this episode. I hope that you have found it to be valuable, if you have a question or comment you can email at Bruce@smartpizzamarketing.com
A Big Thank You to Shawn for coming on the show with us! He’s a great guy and it was nice to talk with him and share his knowledge with everyone.
If you did find this information valuable, it would be awesome if you could share it using the social media buttons on the side of the post.